WPAS PRODUCTION AUDITIONS!
SATURDAY 3RD SEPTEMBER
Junior & Inter Students
Teen & Senior Students
At WPAS, Auditioning for Productions or Roles is all part of our training ground!
Our Production Auditions are a HUGE stepping stone to 'putting yourself out there' as a young dancer or performer - so why not start practising your audition skills within our nurturing and positive environment!
All students at WPAS are invited to audition (We recommend Inter level upwards) and whilst not everyone can be successful in being cast as a Principal Character or Soloist, the experience is an incredible opportunity to test your confidence, preparation and skill.
Our teachings for this process are for our students to seek 'self validation' - if they FEEL they did the best job they did, then THAT is enough! Regardless of what any panel or person has to say about it. How we feel after walking out of an audition is the most important asset to nurture and grow within this experience.
INTER AUDITIONS - The Enchanted House
Students are asked to perform an item between 30-90 seconds which can be in the form of a Dance Solo, A Song or A Monologue of their choosing. All students will be involved in these productions performing in their class routines regardless if they receive a role or not - Once our script and show has been developed we will cast students in particular roles, so for auditions there are no character descriptions or briefs (for now!)
Please note, rehearsals for these roles if cast will be Saturdays 1-3pm from October onwards,
we do not recommend accepting a role if you are unable to make these rehearsals
TEEN & SENIOR & ADULT AUDITIONS - Karnival
Students are asked to perform an item between 90-120 seconds which can be in the form of a Dance Solo, A Song or A Monologue of their choosing. All students will be involved in these productions performing in their class routines regardless if they receive a role or not - Once our script and show has been developed we will cast students in particular roles and solos, so for auditions there are no character descriptions or briefs (for now!)
So - what are we looking for?
We're looking for confidence! Passion! Pure joy in what you do...
Apply every skill you have learnt during your time at the studio and don't hold back!
Your Audition outcome will also be paired with other factors such as your Work Ethic in class, Class attendance, Uniform & Hair, and how much you embody our WPAS values.
1) Start practising what you are going to audition with now.. Don't decide the night before! Preparation is everything
2) Wear what you are comfortable in - dance wear, fitness gear or a nice casual outfit. Be sure to be well groomed and presented!
3) Breathe! We are always on your side...
4) Arrive 15 minutes earlier incase Auditions are running on time and smoothly, and give yourself time to practise and warm up
5) Find what calms you! Discover what 'calms' you when you're putting yourself at a higher stake.. Wear something that you feel good in, drink plenty of water and use what ever calms you whether it's oils, breathing exercises, headphones for music etc
6) Bring your music on an iPhone / iPad or YouTube link
Dec 11 - Dec 17